Massage has untold physical and emotional benefits including:
- It counteracts the imbalance caused from sitting which may manifest in the shoulder, neck and lower back. It can also help improve posture.
- It increases and improves circulation and can lower blood pressure
- Human touch, in a context that is safe, friendly and professional, can be incredibly therapeutic and relaxing. This may help to soothe anxiety, stress and depression
- It promotes relaxation and sleep
- A 2010 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that massage boosts white blood cells (which plays a large role in defending the body from disease).
- Massage decreases frequency and severity of tension headaches
- It can lower blood pressure and aid in muscle relaxation.
I offer a lovely, relaxing holistic massage, which means I intuitively work with you using all of my knowledge and skills to give you the therapeutic massage you need.